Thursday, February 14, 2008

Torna presto Ronie!

I know, I know that I have poked fun at him in the past. I think I called him the "Lord of the Pies" and I definitely joked that he could no longer jump off the ground. However, I would not have wished a career-ending injury on Ronaldo.

It looks like the end of the road after he collapsed in a heap against Livorno on Wednesday night. I know he fought back before but I really wonder if he can manage it again. It is a big blow to Milan who - while they have Pato and Paloschi for the future - could have done with his experience in the big games to come.

Perhaps I am wrong and he can defy the odds and come back again. However, when a player has suffered as many serious injuries as he has, it is hard to believe he can really be a force to be reckoned with ever again.

1 comment:

patcook said...

Ronnie also needs to think about life after football, a return to football now that both knees have required major surgery could be really risky.

He should think about the possibility of further injuries and their long term affects.