Friday, August 25, 2006

Let it go, let it go...

I know I have never been known for my pro-Juventus leanings but they are starting to slip even further in my estimation with their unwillingness to accept their punishment and get on with Serie B. Not only has this protracted fight dragged Italian football through the mire, it is also threatening to see the Serie A season delayed further AND see action taken against the whole Italian football federation.

In the end, we could all sit and debate who deserved to be punished more or less by the Calciopoli scandal. In some ways Juve were hard done by but in others they got off quite lightly. Seeking a solution at the regional court of Lazio is, to my mind, taking things too far. It's time to move on and if that means the Bianconeri in Serie B, so be it. I hope their request is thrown out and I can actually get on with writing about football.

Watched Chievo go out the other night to Levski Doodah in the Champs League qualifier. I know that the Viola were going out to Genoa in the cup at the same time but I still think we could have been in the group stage draw which took place yesterday. Just bought my copy of Champions magazine which is full of stuff on Luca Toni and Cesare Prandelli. It will be a collectors item one day. In the meantime, it will be at least another two seasons before that dream comes true. If Fiorentina, Lazio, etc have to get on with it, then why can't Juve?

Finally, sad to see Oba Oba Martins leave Inter. He was always one of my preferred players in a team that I didn't have too much time for. I reckon he could score a lot of goals in England...

4 comments:

martinobhoy said...

Completely agree. You got caught Juve, get on with it so we can get a fixture list and I can plan my annual trip to the San Siro.

Who says I've got the "me" blinkers on again?

Spangly Princess said...

yep Juve are intent on dragging us all down with them... the latest stories about possible FIFA suspension have made me grind my teeth with rage.

and not having a fixture list is also pissing me right off. Are we starting on 10th September? I *need* to know if we're at home that weekend or not.

ginkers said...

That is the date down for things to begin but the fixtures are not coming out until August 31. And that, as we say, is presuming somehow things get sorted out and we don't slip even further off schedule

Red said...

Well, dragging your heels and delaying the inevitable always seemed to work for Berlusconi, so perhaps Juventus think they're in with another chance if they mope around long enough?